Adventure Honeymoon Guide for TanzaniaSeptember 6, 2020
Post Coronavirus Travel RestrictionsSeptember 6, 2020
COVID-19 is far from gone although active cases have considerably declined in many parts of the world. However, traveling and tourism are slowly starting to resume, which is why you need to take precautions now more than ever to prevent further waves of the disease from hitting us!
Keep reading to find out more about safety rules to follow for air travel!
While Booking Your Flight
While booking your flight, here are a few things you need to consider:
- Pick a window seat! Studies show that window seats are the least exposed, which means they’re the safest in terms of infection transmission.
- Pick an airline that has strict hygiene protocols in place. Make sure your airline doesn’t fill the airplane to full capacity so that you can maintain social distancing protocols while you’re on the flight.
- A lot of airlines have discontinued in-flight meals, but if you have an option, choose a flight without a meal. This prevents unnecessary exposure because you need to remove your mask to eat or drink.
- Don’t travel if you have any flu-like symptoms!
Before Leaving for the Airport
Before you leave for the airport and you’re still preparing for the flight, here are a few things you should do:
- Stock up on sanitizer and wipes. Make sure you have enough to last your whole journey.
- Get personal protective equipment like face masks. Make sure the face masks are medically approved. Don’t use the regular cloth masks that every other place is selling! It’s best to get an N95 mask for that purpose or a KN95 mask with filter, but even a regular surgical mask is fine.
- Make sure you don’t have unnecessary luggage. Carry only essentials so that you don’t expose your luggage to unnecessary germs.
- Use the restroom before leaving! This will help you avoid the restroom at the airport or the airplane.
At the Airport
Once you arrive at the airport, here’s what you should do:
- Sanitize your hands after every 20 minutes.
- Don’t take off your mask or touch it.
- Don’t touch railings or other objects that are part of commonly used public spaces.
- Avoid shopping at the airport and moving around unnecessarily.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others at all times.
On the Plane
While you’re on the plane, here are a few protocols you should follow:
- Wipe all non-porous surfaces of your seat before you sit down.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other passengers.
- Don’t move around. Stay in your seat the entire time!
- Avoid eating or drinking so that you don’t have to remove your mask.
- If you’re near a passenger who is visibly sick or has flu-like symptoms, ask the crew to shift your seat away from them.
- Avoid reading newspapers and pamphlets that are usually provided to you. Moreover, don’t ask for earphones from the crew. Bring your own!
After landing, just make sure you take all the necessary social distancing protocols. Once you’re at your destination, make sure you disinfect your luggage with a disinfection spray. If you get into a taxi, make sure you wipe down your seat before sitting!
That’s all you need to do in order to travel safely! That being said, don’t forget to check out the Arusha Food Guide if you’re traveling to Tanzania.