Secluded Beaches for Your Zanzibar Beach VacationOctober 31, 2022
Explore these Hidden Beaches in ZanzibarNovember 1, 2022
Nungwi beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the stunning Zanzibar archipelago. Located at the north-western tip of the island, it is home to soft white sand, crystal blue waters, and breathtaking flora and fauna. Here is a detailed guide to Nungwi Beach.
Things to do
- At Nungwi Beach, travelers can enjoy relaxing on the pristine beach and reveling in the scenic views. They can have picnics, go on walking tours, sunbathe on the soft sands, or go for a cooling swim in the ocean.
- Tourists can also enjoy exciting and adventurous water sports such as scuba diving, kayaking, surfing, snorkeling, parasailing, paragliding, and jet skiing.
- Since Zanzibar is sparsely populated, the levels of light pollution are much lesser than other crowded regions. Tourists can enjoy stargazing at the beach, and during clear weather, they can even see the Milky Way galaxy!
- Dhows are traditional boats that are widely used in East Africa and the sunset is the best time to go on a dhow ride or cruise. Tourists can enjoy a calming dhow ride while watching the glorious sunset above the serene sea.
- Nungwi beach is a great spot for eating fresh seafood. Tourists can have fresh grilled fish and enjoy a hearty and delicious dinner on the beach.
- Spending a night in a camp is a great idea for adventure-seekers. Tourists can find lodges and camps at Nungwi beach and enjoy an exciting night of bonfires, and relaxing on the beach.
- Drinking, dancing, and socializing at bars is a fun-filled activity tourists can enjoy to experience Nungwi’s nightlife. They can go to Cholo Disco Bar at Nungwi where tourists can enjoy upbeat music and top rated drinks.
Where to stay
- Tourists can stop at the Zanzibari, a boutique hotel located on Nungwi Beach. Guests can stay in private, well equipped rooms, and enjoy services and facilities such as free WiFi, comfortable beds, balconies with stunning views, a bar, a pool, and the Dhow restaurant. They can also relax and unwind at the spa which offers a variety of de-stressing treatments, skin care remedies, soothing massages, manicures, pedicures, and beauty treatments.
- Amaan Beach Bungalows offer comfortable rooms with an outdoor pool & a restaurant. Tourists can take a 10 minute walk to reach the stunning beach.
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton is a luxurious hotel which offers direct beach access, 2 restaurants with top rated food, an outdoor pool, and a pool bar. Tourists can enjoy facilities such as Free WiFi, room service, and laundry!
What to eat
- Fisherman’s Seafood & Grill offers delicious seafood, relaxing ambience, and a beautiful interior. Tourists can avail the free WiFi, go to the bar, or utilize the outdoor seating as they try mouth watering dishes such as cigale lobster, octopus salad, king prawns, calamari, and coconut crab soup.
- The Jetty Bar & Restaurant is a great place for trying seafood as tourists can enjoy dishes such as braised octopus, shrimp cocktail, fried fish, grilled calamari, octopus salad, tuna tartare, grilled seafood salad, seafood pizza, lobster, cigalemer, king prawn, squid, tuna, and seafood penne pasta. The restaurant offers facilities such as outdoor seating, a bar, and live music.
- For seafood lovers, Baraka Beach restaurant is a great place to visit when in Nungwi beach. Here, one can eat jumbo prawns, seafood spaghetti, lobster curry, seafood pasta, prawn curry, octopus, fishcakes, prawn tagines, scampi, seafood tempura, lobster soup, red snapper, and seafood coconut curry. The prices are reasonable and service is remarkable.