5 Reasons to Fly with FlightlinkFebruary 27, 2019
6 Essential Tanzania Travel Tips You Must Know!February 27, 2019
Air travel is best suited for the busy pace of life today. These are the reasons why air travel is the best and safest way to travel.
- Regular maintenance- taking care of an aircraft requires at least 10 hours of work in the hangar and anywhere from 50 to 70 man hours. It’s a meticulous activity and includes repair, inspection and overhaul. While the serious maintenance takes place every 200 flight cycles, daily inspections and pre-flight checks take place every time. From the smallest nut and bolt to the engines, everything is given a thorough check. This makes the plane a safer mode of travel.
- Trained staff- while train drivers and only some taxi drivers are trained as well, aircraft have trained personnel in the form of stewards and hostesses who can help in times of need. From simple first-aid to rescue in the time of serious situations, they often go out of their way to help people in need. Having someone on board when help is nowhere near is a comforting thought. There are cases of mid-air births, help rendered during heart attacks and many more emergencies. The people who help have training and experience to handle situations. Something as simple as enplaning and deplaning can be a smooth process with the right people handling it. Giving priority to the unwell and the infirm makes all the difference to their health. This makes the plane a safer place.
- Reduced tiredness- this is especially true when you travel on the long haul flights. You end up feeling jetlagged and certain conditions can be exacerbated in the cold cabin air. From a common cold flaring up, to a skin condition acting up, even deep vein thrombosis. Without sounding too fatalist about travel, it is safe to say that when you travel with a good airline, you can expect a superior degree of comfort. This makes air travel a conducive option for those many hours of flying.
- Speed and efficiency- imagine you’re on a holiday. There’s so much to do and see and so little time to do them all in. There’s a paucity of time and an abundance of space. How do you get to where you want to go in half the time that it will take by road? You fly. By flying you avoid other land-bound issues too, like road blocks and traffic snarls and sudden diversions. Flying helps you make the most of your holiday by taking you places with speed and efficient use of time.
- Familiarity- the pilots who fly the route know the space intimately. The airline staff does as well. If you’re travelling to an unknown place, you can trust the pilot to show you interesting places and sights from the air. This is a boon for the nervous traveller or the travelling enthusiast. Knowledgeable staff may also be able to tell you of things to do on your trip. This can make the difference between a good trip and an unforgettable one.