One Day Safari to and around Arusha National ParkAugust 26, 2019
Top 10 Underwater Photography TipsAugust 26, 2019
Zanzibar is well known for its incredible beaches, however, there are many incredible things to do that are fun and adventurous. More important than anything else the activities that we are going to look at are also off the beaten path and a lot of fun. Here are the top 10 things you need to do if you have a spirit of adventure.
- Quad Excursions in Kiwengwa, Zanzibar: These costs $25.00 USD per person and is a lot of fun. The Quad Adventure will take you to the furthest parts of the island and allow you to be comfortable and safe while you see the whole island. It is a fun place to see all the trails on the island and to check out all the local villages as well with a guide.
- Island Escape Snorkeling from Matemwe, Zanzibar: This is a very fun experience for all visitors as it has instruction for anyone who is on the tour. There is a lovely snorkeling trip where there is a very high probability of swimming with the dolphins. The cost is $75.00 USD per person. Free BBQ is also included after the swim.
- Kitesurfing Course and Lessons on Paje Beach: This is a very fun activity that will teach you how to enjoy your time in the sport. There are lessons available for all groups from about 2 hours or so to longer depending on your level of coaching required. The lessons are about $125.00 USD per person.
- Jet Ski Safari to Mnemba Island: This is an incredibly fun way to get to the island. In addition to that, it is a great way to take in the beauty of the ocean and the wildlife. The tour takes 1.5 hours and is $130.00 USD per person.
- Scuba Diving at Matemwe, Zanzibar: If you are ready to take the plunge and scuba, this is a great place to get started. There are courses for every level of advancement and the lessons will cost you about $150.00 per person for discovery session. The basics will only take a few hours to learn before you will be able to have a very fun experience that will last a lifetime.
- Parasailing Flight in Kendwa, Zanzibar: If you are looking for something that requires a little less from you to learn how to do it, then this is a great way to see from above. You will be harnessed in and then get to fly above the ocean and take in the beauty below. The price is $100.00 per person and the ride is over in minutes. It is a great way to have a bird’s eye view of the beauty of the island.
- Flyboarding in Kendwa, Zanzibar: If you have seen it on television and are ready to try something very unusual, you want to check out a flyboard session. Each one of the sessions takes 20 minutes and will cost you about $100.00 per person. The fun thing about this though is you get to have a once in a lifetime experience with the feeling of flying at the same time.
- Zanzibuggy in Nungwi, Zanzibar: If you are looking for something different and fun, another option is an island tour with Zanzibuggy. This is the same thing as a tour with a dune buggy, but it is all over the island and allows you to take things in from a different perspective. The tour takes about 2 hours and it is $100.00 per person USD.
- Take a Ride in a Dala: If you want to experience something authentic one of the best things to do is to take a ride in a local dala which is a shuttle that will take you around the island. It is the cheapest way to travel as well.
Rent a Scooter: A fun way to get around the island is to rent a scooter as well. It is super easy to do and ensures that you are always going to have a way to get from point a to